At the heart of every Jewish community are issues which have the
potential to divide or bring us closer. Spiel Kadosh is a fresh,
engaging, interactive process which can deepen community understanding.
What is Spiel Kadosh ?
Spiel Kadosh means ‘holy play’. It is a dynamic process
of community dialogue.
How does Speil Kadosh work?
By weaving personal stories, playful interactive exercises, and
theatre improv, the community is guided to address its vital concerns.
What Issues Can Be Explored?
Issues are as varied as the human condition, but
some of the more common ones are:
• (Children of) holocaust survivors
• Youth alienation from the shul &/or Judiasm
• Israeli/Arab conflict
• Struggles inerent in Judaism
• Place of women in Jewish world
• Jewish gifts & teachings from our families
• The struggles inherent in Judaism
• The place of women in the Jewish world
• Prayer – it’s role in our lives
• Uplifting the spirit in Judaism
• Jewish Renewal
• Leadership in the Jewish Community
• Jewish Holiday themes
What are the Benefits of Spiel Kadosh?
Communities members can:
• address issues
• feel closer to each other
• gain understanding of each other’s perspectives
• share information in an enjoyable, dynamic way
• have fun
• gain insight into the core of the
• get to know other community members
Who are the Facilitators?
Alan Caplan & Sharon Bronstein are experienced
therapists, workshop leaders, and theatre improv artists, who have
worked with the Jewish community to explore a variety of Jewish
issues all across Canada. Sharon has lived in Israel for 8 years
and has facilitated many Jewish events in Israel and in Canada.
They are co-founders of the Salt Spring Island Playback Theatre
Company and evolved a unique creative approach to addressing community
Please contact us to discuss rates and programs that fit your needs