As a pioneer e-counsellor for the first Employee Assistance Program
online, Sharon has successfully helped people to overcome both personal and professional challenges without them ever leaving their home or office.
What is E-counselling?
It is an email exchange where counselling is conducted
How does E-counselling work?
Correspondence and communication is done by e-mail.
Who benefits from E-counselling?
It benefits people who:
• are home-bound
• are travelling
• are more comfortable writing than talking
• are shy
• wish to remain anonymous
• wish to save travel time
• spend time on computers
• are well known in their community
• are stay-at-home caregivers
What are the advantages and benefits of E-counselling? It offers people the following benefits.
• Convenience – communicate in writing
24/7 and from any location.
• Flexibility – responses are immediate, no waiting for scheduled appointments.
• Privacy – identity remains anonymous.
• Self-reflection – writing allows you to clarify your thoughts.
• Pacing – take your time to properly formulate your ideas.
• Review – you can read your counselor's written›response at a later time
• Record – there is a record of where you started and how you have changed in your thinking
• If you choose to share portions of your written exchanges, it can deepen your intimate relationships
Please contact us to discuss rates and set up e-counselling